2024 Schedule TBA
Recipe Contest sponsored by the Carroll County Agricultural Fair
For more information, please contact
Trish Hash at (276) 733-4462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fair Recipe Contest Rules:
- Open to any individual who is not a professional baker, chef, etc.; one entry per person.
- Participant does not have to reside in the county where the fair is held.
- Entrant must prepare type of recipe that is advertised for the current calendar year.
- Recipe must list ingredients in order of use; preparation instructions; pan size (and type); and cooking time and temperatures must be included.
- Written recipe must be printed and must be submitted with prepared entry. Include the contestant’s name, address, phone number and email address, along with the name of the item.
- In the Adult competition — Contestants under the age of 18, if entering the adult contest, will be judged as adults.
- In the Intermediate and Senior Youth — age as of the day of the contest determines the placing.
- If there are not enough contestants for both divisions, you will all be placed into one category.
- Safe Food Handling Rules are to always be followed.
- Hot foods must be kept hot and Cold foods must be kept cold. (Example: Cold foods brought in coolers with ice, etc.)
- Judging will be based on: Flavor, Creativity, Texture, Appearance, and Appropriateness of Ingredients for recipe requirements filled. We encourage anyone and everyone to participate in this yearly contest.
- Each year, we continue to grow our recipe contest.
- The more participation, the more we’ll grow, so bring in your favorite recipe for a chance to be the Blue-Ribbon Winner at the fair in the Recipe Contest.
- Winners will be announced after all Judging is completed and prizes will be given. A “Signed” Release form is required for both Adults and Youth participation.