The Virginia Agriculture Mobile Education Unit
This unit will be onsite at the county fair this year. Be sure to stop in and explore the interactive educational tools.
According to the brochure, which you can download here: MEU Brochure , this unit provides a variety of fun and educational activities for all.
- Provides a fun and interactive way to introduce the “world of agriculture and forestry,” including water quality, nutrition, environmental sustainability, animals and livestock, business and economics, food production and more
- Showcases the many types of career opportunities within Virginia’s largest private industry, agriculture.
- Demonstrates how agriculture has transformed into a high-tech industry, relying on the latest advances in computer science, GPS, drones, data and more to produce our daily meals.
- Inspires young people to be more adventurous and healthy eaters, while developing a curiosity about where their food comes from.
- Uses virtual reality technology to all participants to “visit” with Virginia beef, dairy, aquaculture, timber and vegetable farmers.