Thursday, August 24th
Check-in: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Judging: 6:00 p.m.
Awards for Show
Include but are not limited to:
* Best in Show
*Best of Breed
*Ribbon Placing for Each Class
Rabbit Show Flyer: 2023 Rabbit Show Flyer will post as soon as confirmed
open and youth show
judge to be announced
all rabbits must be at least 75 days old
- Youth Showmanship Class at beginning of rabbit show – all youth exhibitors eligible – open and pet rabbits. Prizes will be awarded
- Youth Show (Youth up to 18 yrs.)
- Adult Show
- Official American Rabbit Breeders guidelines and classes will be judged using their standards.
- Not a sanctioned ARBA show but will follow ARBA rules.
- Purebred rabbits of a recognized ARBA breed only.
- Rabbits will be judged per breed classes first:
- Bucks (over 6 months of age)
- Does (over 6 months of age)
- Junior Buck (under 6 months of age)
- Junior Doe (under 6 months of age)
- If there are enough rabbits in a particular breed, breed will be broken up according to variety. Best of Variety and Best Opposite Sex of variety will move on to Best of Breed consideration.
- Judge’s decisions are final.
Pet Rabbit Show
- Includes rabbits what would be disqualified in an ARBA show, mixed breed rabbits, and rabbits of uncertain background.
- Judged on the grooming and neatness of appearance and temperament – how it would make an excellent pet.
- Not broken up into classes.
- The show is open to anyone who wants to participate.
- All rabbits must be healthy. Rabbits exhibiting signs of disease/illness or injury will be asked to leave the fairgrounds.
- All rabbits should have an ear marking – preferred a tattoo. However, for our show, a permeant black marker with a number inside the left ear is accepted. The tattoo is to identify your rabbit when showing.
- The Carroll County Fair will not be responsible for loss or injury to any rabbits at the fairgrounds or on the show tables.
- Classes consist of seniors and juniors in each breed except where other customs prevail. Bucks and Does will be shown in separate classes.
- Rabbits must have access to fresh water at all times.
- Rabbits must be in a carrier or transport cage.
awards for show include, but are not limited to:
Best in Show
Best of Breed
Ribbon Placing for each Class
BEST IN SHOW – $10
best of breed – $5
For more information, contact Myra Leonard at (276) 733-6912