Check-in time 2:00 – 2:45 p.m.
Presentation preparation 2:45 – 3:00 p.m.
Judging 3:00 p.m.
Recipe must contain beef in any form and any type
Sponsored in part by the Virginia Beef
Council and the Carroll County
For more information, please contact
Trish Hash at (276) 733-4462 or email: email@example.com
Recipe Contest Rules:
- Open to any individual who is not a professional baker, chef, etc.; one entry per person.
- Participant does not have to reside in the county where the fair is held.
- Entrant must prepare type of recipe that is advertised for the current calendar year.
- Recipe must list ingredients in order of use; preparation instructions; pan size (and type); and cooking time and temperatures must be included.
- Written recipe must be printed and must be submitted with prepared entry. Include the contestant’s name, address, phone number and email address, along with the name of the item.
- In the Adult competition — Contestants under the age of 18, if entering the adult contest, will be judged as adults.
- In the Intermediate and Senior Youth — age as of the day of the contest determines the placing.
- If there are not enough contestants for both divisions, you will all be placed into one category.
- Safe Food Handling Rules are to always be followed.
- Hot foods must be kept hot and Cold foods must be kept cold. (Example: Cold foods brought in coolers with ice, etc.)
- Judging will be based on: Flavor, Creativity, Texture, Appearance, and Appropriateness of Ingredients for recipe requirements filled. We encourage anyone and everyone to participate in this yearly contest.
- Each year, we continue to grow our recipe contest.
- The more participation, the more we’ll grow, so bring in your favorite recipe for a chance to be the Blue-Ribbon Winner at the fair in the Recipe Contest.
- Winners will be announced after all Judging is completed and prizes will be given. A “Signed” Release form is required for both Adults and Youth participation.