Welcome to the official website of the Carroll County Agricultural Fair!
August 23rd – August 27th, 2017
VOTED #1 Small Fair in the State of Virginia by the Virginia Association of Fairs!!!
The Gate Admission fee includes ALL the events scheduled by the Fair Committee including unlimited Carnival rides.
It’s the BEST BARGAIN around!
Our Fair is held yearly in late August on fairgrounds located at the Southwest Virginia Farmer’s Market in Hillsville, Virginia.
FAIR MEETINGS are held the 4th MONDAY of each month with the exception of August, November, & December – The public is invited to attend!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES for EXHIBIT Registrations – 2017:
NON-PERISHABLE exhibits will be accepted on SUNDAY, AUGUST 20, 2017 from 2:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m . Nonperishable
and Perishable exhibits will be accepted Monday, August 21, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 pm.
Goals of our Agricultural Fair:
- To be both fun and educational for people of all ages.
- To give our community an economical place to enjoy themselves while learning about the importance of Agriculture.
- To become a community event that everyone takes pride in.
- To give individuals a chance to reminisce about the way things used to be and at the same time show how agriculture and the area has progressed.
- To have folks come away from the Fair with a better understanding of the area’s agriculture diversity and agriculture’s importance to the area’s economy.
- To have a wide variety of fun events for children of all ages such as the carnival rides, barnyard animals, storytelling, beauty pageant, pet show, and more.
Corn Maze video done by Seth Killion!!